About Mark Sweeting
What to write? Well, as you may have guessed, my name is Mark Sweeting. I’ve been doing web stuff since I was at University (mid to late 90’s), when my good friend (and subsequent (old) business partner) Matt gave me some space on his web server.
I studied geology for a year at the University of Birmingham, got bored, and switched to archaeology. I was never much of a digger and (as you may have expected) got into archaeological computing, GIS, and databases. After graduating I worked for about 8 months as a web developer at a publishing company in Surrey, then moved to Cambridge to start a business with the aforementioned Matt.
I was self employed for about the next 5 years, finally moving to a ‘real’ job with my current employers in November 2004.
- Flickr (photos)
- My Amazon (UK) Wishlist
- Tumblr (an aggregation of nearly everything)
- Trekearth (photos)
- Freshmeat (software)
- Photo.net (photography)
- Technorati (blogging)
- Seti@home (umm, ET!)
- WikiMedia (free encyclopedia)
- del.icio.us (bookmarks)
- BlogShares (blog stock market)
- Twitter profile (not really into this yet…)
- Mark Sweeting at IMDB (the actor, Mark Sweeting. No, I’d not heard of him either.)
- Mark Sweeting Photography - a photographer, but again not me!