FlickrViewer allows you to view a Flickr photo set in SimpleViewer. SimpleViewer is a popular flash photo viewing tool, so FlickrViewer allows you to load photos from one of your flickr photo sets into this. You can keep up with FlickrViewer news here.
- Download and install the latest version of SimpleViewer. FlickrViewer 1.1 has been tested with version 1.7 of SimpleViewer.
- Download FlickrViewer and extract the files to your web server.
- Replace the SimpleViewer file
index.htmlwith the new version of
index.htmlcontained in the FlickrViewer download.
- Move the file
flickrViewer.phpinto your SimpleViewer directory.
- Open the file
flickrViewer.phpin a text editor and complete the configuration section. See below for more details.
You must configure FlickrViewer before it will work. Configuration instructions can be found here.
Before you begin to configure FlickrViewer, you will need to have the following information to hand:
- You will need your Flickr API key (sign in to Flickr and get one free)
- You will need to decide which photo set you want to display
There are a few other bits you need to do, but these are described in detail in the configuration instructions.
Hot tip! While you're configuring FlickrViewer, set the cache life to 1 second (providing you plan on using the cache). This will make it easy to see what effect your changes have.
$ttl = 1; // 1 second
Look in the FlickrViewer blog.
- What is FlickrViewer?
- FlickrViewer is a PHP script that allows you to view a Flickr photo set in SimpleViewer.
- What is SimpleViewer?
- "SimpleViewer is a free, customizable Flash image viewing application."
- What is Flickr?
- "Flickr is the best way to store, sort, search and share your photos online."
- 20 May 2006
- FlickrViewer 1.1 released.
- Added option to show/hide link to flickr photo page
- Added option to show/hide image caption/title
- Added option to enable/disable server-side caching
- Added cache-friendly HTTP headers
- Added a debug mode to provide extra information when diagnosing installlation/configuration problems
- 13 May 2006
- FlickrViewer 1.0 alpha released
Sites using SimpleViewer with FlickrViewer
If your site uses FlickrViewer let me know so I can add you to this list.